PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
The following data protection information will inform you about the nature and scope of the processing of your personal data by Lidl Ireland GmbH and Lidl Northern Ireland Limited (hereafter referred to as Lidl).
Your personal data may be used by Lidl in a variety of ways. We will always be as transparent as possible as to how we use your data—whether in the context of your in-store experience, or using any of our online services.
When you access the Lidl Property website, certain information may be exchanged between your device and our server with your consent. This may contain personal data. Data collected in this way can for instance be used to optimise our website or to display advertising in the browser of your device.
At Lidl we ensure that customer satisfaction is at the heart of everything we do. We know your privacy is important to you so we want you to know that we will treat your personal information with respect.
When do we use personal information?
Through use of this website, personal information can be captured in the following ways:
- Users of this website can send a message or query regarding our property portfolio. Where necessary, external service providers (i.e. IT) may have access to your personal information to ensure your query is addressed.
- This website uses small text files which are put on your computer or mobile device (whichever device you accessed this website on), which allows us to see what you looked at on our website. This helps us to personalise content, tailor and measure adverts and provide a better digital experience.
CONTACT FORMS / E-MAIL CONTACT / TELEPHONE CALLS
- Depending on the circumstances, we may collect your personal data (i.e. your name and email address) when dealing with contact forms, emails, or phone calls. This personal information is treated confidentially and used exclusively to deal with your query, deal with any problem or address any concern. In most cases, personal data will be kept no longer than 90 days from the date a request is resolved.
- Lidl will only allow access to your information to those members of staff that require it in order to respond to your request. All Lidl staff are under contractual obligations of confidentiality. In some cases, it may be necessary for us to forward extracts of your request to a contract partner. If this is necessary, we will inform you in advance and obtain your consent before we transfer any of your personal information externally. Where possible, we will anonymise the request prior to sending it to a contract partner
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Besides the right to revoke the consent you have given us, you have the following further rights if the respective legal requirements are met:
- The right of access to your personal data held by us.
- The right to request rectification of incorrect data or completion of incomplete data
- The right to request deletion of your personal data stored with us
- The right to request restriction of processing of your data
- The right to request data portability
- The Right to object to the processing of your personal data
2. Right of access
You have the right to request access to any information we hold concerning you. Upon receipt of your request, we may ask you further questions to clarify your request and also ask you to verify you identity by providing identification documents. We will endeavour to process all requests for access to information within 1 month.
3. Right to rectification
You have the right to seek the immediate rectification by us of inaccuracies in your personal data. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data and add newly available supplementary information.
4. Right to erasure
You have the right to request from us that personal data concerning yourself is immediately deleted, if one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or have been processed in any other way;
- you revoke your consent, which supported the processing originally, and there is no other legal basis for processing;
- You object to the processing where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- the personal data has been unlawfully processed;
- the deletion of the personal data is necessary for the fulfilment of a legal obligation;
- the personal data has been collected in relation to services offered by information society services as referred to in Article 8 paragraph 1 GDPR
Insofar as we have made the personal data public and are obliged to delete it, we will take appropriate measures taking into account the available technology and the costs of implementation, in order to inform the third parties who are processing your data that you also request from them that they delete all links to the personal data and copies or replications of the personal data.
5. Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request from us a restriction of the processing, if one of the following requirements exist:
- the correctness of the personal data is disputed by you;
- the processing is illegal and you request a restriction of the use of the personal data rather than its deletion;
- the data controller no longer requires the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the person concerned requires them in order to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims or
- you have raised an objection to the processing, so long as it is not certain whether the legitimate grounds of the data controller outweigh those of the person concerned.
6. Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data that concern you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transfer these data to another data controller without hindrance by us, insofar as
- the processing is based on consent or on a contract and
- the processing takes place with the aid of automated procedures.
When exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to ensure that the personal data is transferred directly by us to another data controller, insofar as this is technically feasible.
7. Right to object
In particular instances, you may object to data processing for reasons arising from your particular situation.
The above general right of objection applies to all processing purposes described in these data protection regulations, which are processed on the basis of legitimate interests. Unlike the special right to object towards data processing for advertising purposes, we are only obliged by the GDPR to implement such a general objection, if you give us reasons of paramount importance for this, e.g. a possible risk to life or health.
Furthermore, you also have the right to contact the Data Protection Commission.
While Lidl may process personal data received from its business partners in the course of our business relationships, in most cases the controller of your personal data will be the company you are engaging on behalf of.
COOKIES AND ANALYTICS
We have included below under “Cookies Info” an overview of all cookies we use, the purpose for which we use them, and how long they are retained. Some of these cookies are strictly designed to make this website available to you and are installed directly on your device without the need for your consent. Other cookies will only be stored once you have given your consent.